- What age are the classes suitable for? The classes are for babies from 8 weeks to pre-crawling. Once on the move massage needs to be adapted to suit baby. Classes for baby on the move are coming soon.
- What do I need to bring with me? Bring a blanket from home so baby can have a familiar smell with them. Otherwise just your normal change bag as I provide towels, mats, oil and cushions.
- How big are the groups? Groups are small so we can keep them baby led and relaxed.
- What if my baby cries/ falls asleep/ needs to be changed? Its a very relaxed group so your baby will be in charge. Always put your baby’s needs first, so if they need a feed or change go for it. If baby falls asleep there are dollies for you to practice on if you want to so you don’t feel a though you are missing out. If your baby cries – that’s completely fine. It does not mean that they are not enjoying it, it may just mean they have a different need that needs to be met at that particular time. During our classes you are learning a life long skill, so even if you don’t do that much massage on the day, you will have the ability and knowledge to carry on with it once the classes are over.
- What if my baby has medical or extra needs? That’s fine. Sometimes we may need GP permission or to work along health care professionals, maybe avoiding particular strokes. We can work the routine around what is best for your baby.
- Is massage just to be used at home?- No! Massage can be used anywhere at any time of day. You can create your own routines with the knowledge learnt and use it anywhere, e.g. a supermarket trolley to ease teething pain, before bed to help them get relaxed, on holiday if suffering with tummy issues. The list is endless!!!
If you do have any more questions please do get in touch.
What about GDPR and Little Fairy Friends ?
1. Lawful reason for collecting data – data is collected to enable communication between myself and the client and for health, safety and the wellbeing of my clients.
2. Use data only for what it was collected for- your data allows planning for classes and for you to be contacted about the class you are attending, information about what you have studied with Little Fairy Friends and information on future classes you have displayed an interest in.
3. Only collect necessary data- information collected about the baby and carer allows Little Fairy Friends to provide you with a safe and communicative service.
4. Keep data accurate and up to date- please inform Little Fairy Friends if you do not wish to be contacted by Little Fairy Friends after your course has finished. Some of your details may remain in the system, but only for the use of Tax records.
5. Only keep data for period necessary- information will only be kept until they are legally no longer required for tax reasons.
6. Protect data- all information is kept protected via passwords. All data is safely stored away from public access. All photographs will only be taken with permission.